New York Law Enforcement Foundation
The New York Law Enforcement Foundation will be awarding $1000 scholarship to an eligible student. The student must presently be in their senior year of High School and planning to attend College on a full time basis for the school year 2018-019, or must presently be attending College and planning to continue to attend on a full time basis for the school year 2018-19.
The students must be children of a member of the NYPD GUARDIANS ASSOCIATION.
Only one application will be accepted per individual student, however, more than one student per family may submit an application.
Applications must submitted to the NYLEF by June 30, 2018. For applications email us at:
NYPD Detectives Endowment Association
JACK HEALY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The DEA proudly announces its year 2018 College Scholarships for the sons and daughters of active and retired NYPD Detectives in good standing. The DEA’s Scholarships are given in the name of the union’s former Vice President, the late Jack Healy.The DEA will award at least 10 scholarships of $5,000 each. Checks will be sent directly to the schools to be credited to each winning student’s account. Applications must be at the DEA no later than Friday, September 28, 2018. Winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted at a DEA Fall venue (to be determined) in 2018.
To qualify for a Scholarship, applicants must be —
- The daughter or son of an active or retired member of the DEA;
- Enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program at a college or university for the Fall 2018 (September) or Winter 2019 (January) semester;
- The Student Verification for children ages 19 – 23 for the Fall 2018 or Winter 2019 must be attached to this application; NO bills or school schedules will be accepted;
- Acceptance letter from the school for children ages 17 – 18 must be on school letterhead;
- DEA retiree dues must be up-to-date;
- Children of DA Investigators are not eligible (unless the member is also a retired NYPD Detective).
Please download and print out the application and return to –
26 Thomas Street
New York, NY 10007
Attention – Elizabeth Murtagh
Proof of acceptance to the school must be attached to the application form.
Here are links for upcoming scholarship opportunities offered for both High School Students as well as College Undergraduate and Graduate students: